Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Facebook Post - Sept 9th 2014

My health has been declining again for the past two weeks after some wonderful results from treatment. We are not sure what this means - we are praying it is all part of the process - we know lyme is cyclical so it could be flaring up and reproducing in my body. I could also be experiencing some worsening of symptoms due to a toxin increase as the bacteria dies off in my body. 

We are trying to be patient and wait it out. It is scary as I see myself sliding back towards the same physical state that I have been struggling with for the past three years. Today was my worst day so far physically since being on treatment. As of this afternoon I am close to being back in the wheelchair again. We decided to take a short clip of my 'walking' as we had not done so in the past and regretted not documenting my symptoms a little better. I have posted it below.  Maybe it will help you all to understand what lyme is doing to my body. 

Please continue to pray for us. We know we can ask in faith for all we need to cope with whatever God puts in our path and are comforted by that knowledge. God has proven Himself faithful in providing that support and anchor for our souls. Please pray also that I can return to being a wife and mother soon, I miss the children and being a full part of their lives. They are in good hands so Lord willing we will all be able to grow from this experience. May God lead and direct us as we continue to search out treatment that my body can handle. 

Thank-you all for your support and encouragement. We have been so blessed and overwhelmed with the amount of help people enthusiastically shower on us! xox




Wed Sept 10th - My white blood cell counts are below normal.  We know that this means my body is having trouble fighting something.  We will be seeing the Doc in Buffalo tomorrow and hopefully find out if there is something we can do to increase the white blood cells.  The good news is that we are not shocked as it correlates between the way I currently feel!!  My B12 levels are also extremely high - the upper limit should be 615, mine is 1450 so my family doctor is concerned about this also.  My new family doctor said that this is more than likely caused by over-supplementation - I have been receiving nutritional IV bags with B12 supplements in them so we will also discuss this with our Lyme doctor on Thursday.....

"Though the fig tree should not blossom And there be no fruit on the vines, Though the yield of the olive should fail And the fields produce no food, Though the flock should be cut off from the fold And there be no cattle in the stalls, Yet I will exult in the LORD, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.…"  
Habakkuk 3:17,18

No comments:

Post a Comment