Monday, August 10, 2015

Priorities




Time to Pray
 
I got up early one morning
and rushed right into the day;
I had so much to accomplish
that I didn't have time to pray.
 
Problems just tumbled about me,
and heavier came each task.
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered.
He answered, "My child, you didn't ask."
 
I wanted to see joy and beauty,
but the day toiled on, gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me.
He said, "But My child, you didn't seek."
 
I tried to come into God's presence;
I used all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided,
"My child, you didn't knock."
 
I woke up early this morning,
and paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish
that I had to take time to pray.

Author unknown

"The Grotto" in Tobermory
 

As soon as my health improves, I quickly begin to lose focus and prioritize my own activities before those of actual importance- time spent teaching my children, time with God, restful time to let my body and mind recover. There is always so much to do, you see and apparently I quickly fall into the trap of thinking I am holding up my corner of the world..... So I continue to yo-yo back and forth between times of relative physical strength and setbacks.  I will continue to do so until I learn to pace myself and prioritize my time well.

Overall I extremely happy with my progress.  God has granted me a measure of health that I no longer dreamed was possible!  I am very much appreciating being able to do the activities of regular life that I formerly took for granted.  I am enjoying the summer immensely and am regaining much of my physical ability and stamina.  I am mostly able to take care of my household and children without assistance (although I am getting somewhat worn out with the demands of having all three children home from school during this long summer break).  I receive Vitamin C IV treatment and ozone therapy at the naturopath once a week and use the afternoon of that day to rest and recover.  I am also intending to try bioresonance therapy - there is a clinic in Montreal that offers bioresonace and I am scheduled for treatment weekly during the month of September.  I intend to use it as a tool to aid in the recovery of my immune system.  I have been experiencing immune flare-ups (coldsores, urinary tract infection, yeast infections, mouth ulcers, allergies).  Now that I have killed off much of the Lyme bacteria, we are shifting our focus to strengthening my weakened immune system to be able to maintain an acceptable level of health that will, Lord willing, allow me to live a relatively normal life.  I am currently awaiting an appointment to have my picc line removed so I am very excited that we are moving into the next stage of recovery!  With my picc line out I will also be able to take up swimming which will help me regain overall physical strength.  Praise God - He has been good to us!
Thank-you all again for your ongoing prayers and support.  May God continue to bless our efforts.

The other day I began to write a list of some of the things I am able to do that I haven't been able to for years.  Here are some of the things on that list to praise God for:
- I can stand to shower
- I can stand for long enough to give my husband a hug
- I rarely need to use my stool to sit on when working in my kitchen
- I can do my own groceries with little assistance
- I rarely need to park in the handicapped parking
- I can wait in line at the store without having to sit on the floor
- I can chat at church without leaning against a wall or perching on my cane
- I can go downstairs to tuck my children in bed at the end of the day
- I can walk to the library or the park with my children
- I have the energy to go on dates again with my husband
- I can prepare my own meals
- I can teach my children how to play cricket
- I can play my guitar again!
- I no longer get night sweats
- I rarely have muscle twitching
- Overall I have less muscle and joint pain
- I have packed my cane and walker away
- I am done IV antibiotics
- My brain fog has cleared - I can THINK again!!
- I can have an occasional glass of wine ;)
THANK-YOU LORD!!


SOME PICS FROM OUR RECENT COTTAGING TRIP



 

 

5 comments:

  1. I love reading this kind of news! So thankful with you and for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has brought me to tears! I am so happy for you Rose... And continue to pray for the upkeep of your health! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has brought me to tears! I am so happy for you Rose... And continue to pray for the upkeep of your health! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has brought me to tears! I am so happy for you Rose... And continue to pray for the upkeep of your health! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roze! amazing! I am so thankful that God has blessed you with this measure of healing; may He continue to be near to you and may you grow stronger everyday!
    Your blog is such an excellent source of information for others, and a beautiful witness too!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete