Monday, May 11, 2015

One of our Favourite Songs!

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." 
Phil 4:19

Due to worsening neurological symptoms for me this past week, our children were unable to perform in the John Calvin School fundraiser concert on Saturday.  We recorded the song tonight for our family and friends (note - the pj's and the yawns...)  We have loved this song throughout our journey with Lyme disease and have found it very comforting as it continues to point us upwards for strength each day anew.  The constraints of a disease are no match for our freedom in Christ and it is good for the soul to be reminded of that! Having sung and listened to this song over and over on youtube during the past number of years, it was a natural favourite for our children to perform. Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x95Y9Y2KrtQ&feature=youtu.be

My brain fatigues very quickly under stress, in busy or stimulating environments.  I have trouble with my vision and focus.  It feels like a similar type of fatigue that I experienced physically so I am not frightened by it.  I am confident that, with the Lords blessing, these symptoms will also be resolved in due time with treatment.  This week I went to Toronto to Queen's Park for a Lyme rally, attended open house for my children at their school, did an interview for the local paper as well as keeping my regular scheduled health appointments. The affect of these extra activities seemed to accumulate on my brain and I had a constant headache and exhaustion by the end of the week.  With a few days rest and quiet, I have been working on detoxifying my body and have had a better day today.

I was excited about the possibility of being well enough to sing with the children, as this was something I thought would no longer be possible before treatment.  While we are disappointed that we couldn't follow through on performing together, we are excited that the possibility was even entertained, as this is a sign of positive progress.

"Many are the plans of a man's mind, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand" 
Proverbs 19:21

No comments:

Post a Comment